Join the European Sustainable Tropical Timber Coalition
Creating markets for sustainable timber - European local governments increasingly recognise the huge role they can play in driving the market for sustainably produced timber, by demanding that the wood products they procure come from sustainably managed forests – whether the forests are tropical or European.
Preserving forests requires giving them value to the populations that depend on them – instead of threatening the remaining tropical forests, demanding sustainably produced tropical timber therefore rather helps to maintain them.
The European Sustainable Tropical Timber Coalition (EU STTC) aims to boost the market for sustainable tropical timber - with public procurement seen as a key tool. It brings together partners from local, regional and national governments, as well as from the private sector. It offers direct support to local governments which commit to sustainable timber procurement.
Why should your municipality join?
- Free expert assistance in planning sustainable timber procurement activities
- Co-funded technical support services such as training, supply chain mapping and match-making of demand and supply
- The opportunity to participate in the annual seminars of the EU STTC
- Europe-wide promotion as a frontrunner in sustainable timber procurement
- Use the EU STTC Logo in any of your publications and presentations
- Contribute to the preservation of global forests
Conditions of participation
- Participation is free of charge
- Participants must have either a sustainable timber purchasing policy or be in the process of developing such a policy
- Once per year participants are asked to provide a short report on their sustainable timber purchasing activities
- Participants should attend the annual networking events either in person or by webinar